One thought on “Diary of a bad writer- Week 2

1. Meg
    October 10, 2018 at 8:49 am

The degree is not essential, Darnell. Some of the world’s best writers had no formal English/writing education. Which doesn’t mean a poor command of language and storytelling! Ray Bradbury, Maya Angelou, and Jack London are just a sample.

• October 10, 2018 at 9:20 am

Workshops and programs like Grammarly.com have been a big help to me along with the writing community. Thanks Meg.

• Meg
        October 10, 2018 at 9:51 am

Yes! There’s no shortage of good information on line. And having a great community for support is vital. 🙏

• February 25, 2019 at 10:59 am

I totally agree with you here. I also believe the degree is not so essential as it might seem. I mean, for example, I don’t have a degree in literature or so but still I have managed to learn how to write an abstract for a thesis. I guess the practice and maybe, a bit of inspiration and talent are way more important.

• February 25, 2019 at 11:11 am

Thank you for the comment. I’ve been receiving support for my efforts in the WP writing community. Continued encouragement from everyone keeps me writing and learning.

• Meg
        February 25, 2019 at 12:20 pm

Absolutely. And many styles of writing. I think a well read person, an avid reader can be an excellent writer! Thanks, Clara!