Diary Of A Bad Writer

I came up with the idea of posting some of the things I think about during my writing process. Just a short blurb about overcoming doubt, and staying positive. They will post every Wednesday starting in October. Heres’s a preview.

August 3, 12:05am – Just finished a story called “The Date.”ย  Not sure if anyone will like this one. I’ll write something else.

August 3, 12:15am – Scheduled “The Date” to post on Friday, August 17th. My writing gives me strength. Remember the words of Henry Miller – ‘Writing is its own reward.’

worst write

One thought on “Diary Of A Bad Writer

1. September 4, 2018 at 9:49 pm

That quote is very good advice. Writing something that’s less than stellar is better than not writing anything at all. Thanks for that encouragement! ๐Ÿ™‚

• September 5, 2018 at 5:53 am

Youre welcome! Even work that’s not your best can be improved, but you have to write it.

2. August 6, 2018 at 12:24 pm

I love that quote at the end! ๐Ÿ™‚

3. August 4, 2018 at 11:04 pm

I think that seeing writing as its own reward is a wonderful way to take some of the pressure off. Also love that part about the worst thing you write being better than the best thing you didnโ€™t write (my problem being that Iโ€™ve always wanted to write something but never have) – definitely a good way of viewing it. With every word you pen, you get stronger so enjoy the process ๐Ÿ™‚
    Caz

• August 5, 2018 at 1:43 am

Thank you Caz.
      I am growing. Still, I have a lot to learn. Yes writing is its own reward, the simple reason I continue. Getting accolades from past writing brings true fear that it will be the last. That’s when I apply ‘The Reward.’ I appreciate your continued support.

4. Meg
    August 3, 2018 at 8:02 am

I kept a diary of my experiences during the initial foray into writing. I think it was helpful and I reread it when Iโ€™m at the same point in the process as one of my diary entries. Sharing our experiences is extremely helpful. This is a great idea, Darnell!

• August 4, 2018 at 7:21 am

Thank you so much Meg. Your encouragement means a lot to me. I doubt myself often, but I bounce back. I just wanted other writers to know it happens to everyone.

• Meg
        August 4, 2018 at 9:21 am

It most certainly does! Even the best sellers of the world!