In June I was nominated for the Liebster Award. Fitting – since I decided to do something with my Blog, ‘Writing Block.’ Every Friday I’ve updated my site with a story, review, rant, or fan knowledge about Michael Burnham, a character on Star Trek: Discovery.
If you are unfamiliar with the Liebster Award it is a virtual award passed on by bloggers to fellow bloggers for enjoying and valuing their work. The idea is to recognize the effort and give credit. I think it’s a great way to support and encourage bloggers to continue posting their original thoughts, ideas, stories, and photos. Thank You PennyRose88 for the nomination! Let’s pay it forward and visit her website. She has a book out that’s getting good reviews. Check out her work:
Let’s get this party started! What makes me passionate about blogging? It’s a place for me to experience the feeling of publishing. Each flash fiction story is mine to publish. There are no rejection letters. No tweaking the story to someone else’s liking. It’s a feeling of total control. Hence the reason for the different genres in my original fiction. I would probably get more followers if I stick to one. But that wouldn’t be me.
Speaking of followers, I’d like to say thank you all for your support. Each time someone follows me my community grows bigger and my resolve to get the stories I have in my head down on digital paper and finally published on my website. I started with 2 followers not long ago (I was one of them) to 70 at the moment. Thank You All!
OK, Next: Eleven Random Facts About Myself:
- I work two full-time jobs but still get writing time in
- I love animals but I’m allergic to most of them
- I have a vinyl record collection that is obsolete in the digital world
- Favorite PodCasts: Strange Indeed, Levar Burton Reads
- Plans to attend a 2019 writing workshop in Boston, MA USA
- Experiencing incremental signs of tinnitus
- Favorite food: spaghetti and meatballs
- Planning on buying the next Google Pixel phone 3.0
- I talk to my Amazon Echo and Amazon Spot
- I can only talk to geeks about IOT- Internet Of Things
- In my story series Vincent, I made up a drink called Grey Goose Bump – 1 part OJ, 1 part Grape Soda, 2 parts Grey Goose Vodka over ice. It’s really good!
My nominations for the Liebster Award:
- Natalya Edwards for her blog – Creative Writing Space
- Naveena Shruthi for her blog – A Wayward Scribbles
- Rae for her blog Rae’s Personality
- James Pack for his blog ‘James Pack’
My selection of these blogs is for creativity and originality. The nominees are under no obligation to respond or accept the nomination. I just wanted to put their work in the spotlight. Here are the rules if anyone decides to participate and my five questions for the nominees:
- Why are you passionate about blogging?
- Would you rather be a well-known but penniless supermodel, or an unknown millionaire? Why?
- If you had the ability to turn your dreams into a Hollywood movie, what would it be about?
- You have the ability to redo something in history. What would it be?
- You are alone on a tropical island for 1 year without clothes, just food and water, but you can bring 1 thing. What would it be? Why?
And lastly, the questions I have to answer as a nominee:
If you could have any job, what would it be? I would choose to teach. I learned late in life that it brings me joy to see a young mind learn.
Your best book? So many to choose from so I’ll pick the first thing I thought of: The PostMortal by Drew Magary. “Living forever isn’t so good”
What is your best blog post? Wow! Another hard one to answer, but I’ll pick ‘Aunty Jennifer’
What is your dream holiday? I got this. A writing retreat to Prague – Anybody want to Go Fund Me?
Thanks to everyone supporting the Liebster Award!