Friday September 25th, 2020: – Before I know it, it will be November NaNoWriMo writing month. I have a project in mind and will focus on writing 1,500 words a day. 500 in the morning, 500 noon, 500 before bed. (My 3 wordy meals a day.) This is my goal, one that I can do If I put my mind to it.

I recommend – take a burden off your shoulder, GIVE YOURSELF A REASONABLE GOAL YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH – You will see that You Can Make It Happen. What’s your reasonable goals?

Business Quote. Stay positive work hard and make it happen

1. October 7, 2020 at 1:57 pm

Thinking positive is always a good thing Darnell. Your ability to dissect the process of writing into tidbits that end up as a whole is an inspiration to writers like me. Discipline has it’s awards.

2. September 28, 2020 at 5:11 pm

1500 words a day……I can only imagine what kind of greatness will come out of your mind during November,Darnell!!! The cheetah and I are looking forward to seeing what you create!!

3. inkbiotic
    September 27, 2020 at 2:40 pm

That’s fantastic to hear. Your determination is awesome, it would be great to hear more details (especially since I have no writing in me at all right now). Do you know roughly what that 500 words will be before you write it? Or just have a starting point? Is each 500 word chunk following on from the last? Or disconnected? What will you do if the words just aren’t flowing?

• September 27, 2020 at 2:47 pm

Great questions. Last… they should flow, since I have a rough outline AND a possible ending in mind. First…I don’t know the exact words but I know the story I want to tell so the words should come. Middle…each chunk should follow the other, like one paragraph after another. Sounds good right? I have to make it happen. It will help my growth as a writer. πŸ€—

• inkbiotic
        September 27, 2020 at 3:03 pm

Thank you for the answers. I know you can do it!

4. September 25, 2020 at 11:03 pm

Good for you, Darnell. I look forward to the results!

5. September 25, 2020 at 10:31 pm

Nice. I like your three sessions compared to meals. Can’t live without writing! Good luck with the project. It’s awesome that’s you’re excited about it already.

6. September 25, 2020 at 3:17 pm

I love the powerful positivity in this post, it inspires me to do more creative projects!
    But crikey, all of that alongside your blog, home life & your regular job. Definitely a good idea to split it up into manageable chunks and these sorts of goals can get us motivated, too. You got this, Darnell! xx

• September 25, 2020 at 3:31 pm

Thank you Caz. We all have life issues going on, so it’s best to stay positive and motivated to action. Enjoy the weekend 😊

7. September 25, 2020 at 11:38 am

That’s the perfect approach, Darnell πŸ™‚

For me that’s more or less a chapter a day. That was what I aimed for during NaNoWriMo last year and the year before. It worked well. If I didn’t quite make it to the end of a chapter, I just threw down a few notes for where the story should be going then started a fresh chapter the following day.

I haven’t decided if I’ll NaNo this year yet, although I do have a project in mind.

• September 25, 2020 at 11:57 am

Ahh, a seasoned NaNo writer. I’m still new so taking it slowly with a focus on just writing the story. Im preparing early to make it happen πŸ€—

• September 26, 2020 at 3:14 am

You definitely have the right (write?) approach… good luck with it. Not that I think you’ll need it. πŸ™‚

• September 26, 2020 at 11:30 am

Thanks Chris. It’s not as easy as some think…which you already know. πŸ˜‰