Happy New Year Everyone! You will hear that for the next week or two from everyone so get used to it. ☺️ (lol) As I mentioned last year, I was nominated for two additional awards, so I’ll use them to tell followers more about me and my writing over the next few weeks. I’ll start with One Lovely Blog Award. Britney The Book Guru nominated me. I thank you so much! Visit her blog for an informative honest review of pre and post published novels of various genres.
Here we go. Seven things about me you didn’t know:
(1) As a teen, I tried my best to self-censor the song ‘Fight The Power’ by the Isley Brothers. The explicit version of that song played on the radio at certain times and I didn’t want my parents to hear them say Bull Shit or the album would be banned from my collection. Coughing during critical moments never worked. I did try though.
(2) My blogging style will change as I progress with writing. 2019 will focus on writing, things about writing and writing encouragement. Everything else will go to a Facebook page. I’ll link those pages later in the year.
(3) To get traffic to my blog, I’ll use Twitter and Instagram in 2019 more often. I find reading and commenting on blogs I like works just as well.
(4) Booked a trip to Boston, MA for the Muse and the Market Place in April 2019. This writing workshop will have plenty of author lead sessions on every writing topic for 3 days.
(5) I’m working on several short stories. I will post them when I think I have them right. No posting just to post. My motto is: If I won’t read it, no one will. I have plenty of other things to post about writing in the meantime.
(6) I’m not very good at photography. Working on a good profile picture for my blog. I’m sure I’ll get one that I like sooner or later.
(7) As a teen, the song ‘Killing Me Softly With His Song‘ by Roberta Flack put me in a trance. I’d listen to it repeatedly for hours. To this day I’m still drawn to that song. Go figure.
(8) Bonus – I intend to mention bloggers during the year that support other bloggers.
Next, I have to nominate more bloggers for this award. Readers CRINGE when we get to this part, even though I mention that you are under no obligation to participate. So I’ll make a slight change: I’m going to mention 5 blogs that I like and I think my followers may like also. That’s It! Enjoy! Here we go:
K. Alice Compeau – Author, Story Teller
Anne Bohannon – Fantasy Writer
The Inner Circle – Michael Sullivan & Paladin reviewing films from all over
Unbound Boxes Limping Gods – Cheryl Moore giving life to stories we read
Mama Cormier – Creating memories with her photography
Let’s make this the best year folks! Be well!